You made it through the Summer, but your HVAC system is on the brink? Are you unsure if your unit needs repairs or replacing? Here are 8 signs that it is time to invest in a new HVAC system for your home.
- Blowing Warm Air | If your home isn’t staying cool because your system is pushing out warm air, you have a problem. This is a sign that your HVAC unit is in need of repair. The lack of cool air could mean your compressor is failing or that your Freon levels are low. This is a sign that it might be time for a new unit.
- Poor Air Flow | If air isn’t circulating through your home and you don’t feel consistent cool air coming from your AC vents, the unit’s compressor could be going out. If one area of your home is cool and other sections are warm there could be issues with your duct work. Debris, dust and dander can clog your ducts obstructing air flow. This is bad for your system and your family’s health.
- Thermostat Issues | Sometimes the issue is not with the unit itself, but with the thermostat. One telling sign that your thermostat is causing the problem is if one part of your home is extremely cold where another area stays at the same temperature.
- System Leaks and Unwanted Moisture | If you see moisture around or leaking from your HVAC unit that is a major red flag. Your refrigerant could be leaking which could cause health concerns for you and your loved ones. If you discover pools of water near your air conditioning unit, it could mean your drain line is clogged or broken—which can be easily repaired by an HVAC expert.
- Abnormal Sounds & Odors | Listen closely. If you are hearing squeaking, grinding, groaning or grating sounds coming from your HVAC system, you have a problem. There is a slew of issues that can cause these noises. It is important to have an expert look at your system immediately. Failure to repair the unit could result in costly problem. Strange odors are also an indicator that your unit needs attention. From burned out wiring to mold, smell is an immediate warning sign that there is something wrong with your ventilation system.
- Increase in Electricity Bill | If your electricity bills drastically increases without any obvious reason for doing so, that is a strong indicator that your HVAC unit needs attention or replacing.
- HVAC Unit is more than 10 years old | When your system reaches its 10th birthday, it is usually time to upgrade your ventilation system. At this point, units tend to start needing major repairs.
- R-22 Freon | If your unit uses R-22 Freon, it’s time to upgrade. Freon is being phased out by the federal government. Because of this, the cost of Freon is steadily rising. Eventually you will have to replace your unit for a newer version that runs with a new refrigerant (R410A).
If it is time to replace your home HVAC system, call your local experts. We are here to help you find the right size and most efficient unit for your home. Schedule an appointment with our team today- 850.267.3538.