Don’t wait for temperatures to drop to mark off your furnace maintenance to-do list. Air Conditioning & Heating, Inc. can help you make sure your home is warm and cozy this winter.
1. Replace Filters and Clean Equipment | Make sure you change the filter every 1-3 months depending on your home environment. Clean any debris or build up from the coils.
2. Test Your Thermostat | Turn up the temperature on your thermostat to make sure your system turns on and runs properly.
3. Check for Leaks | Make sure your windows and doors are sealed. Sealing leaks and cracks keeps cold air out and warm air in.
4. Check Your Air Conditioning System Pressure | Find the leaks! This check-up will help you correct any system leaks before you need your furnace to keep you warm.
5. Check your System | Your system needs a thorough once over to make sure your belts are in working condition, not cracked. The exhaust flue should be free of branches and leaves. Make sure the area around your furnace is uncluttered. Make sure the blower is clean and the burner flames are in working order.
6. Check Your Carbon Monoxide Detector | It is important that your carbon monoxide detector is working especially during the winter months. We suggest changing the batteries at the beginning of the season.
Some of these items should be completed by an HVAC professional. Contact our team of experts today to make sure your furnace is in working order and your home stays warm this winter- 850.267.3538.